Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Does A+B = C????


A. I love Andrew Dafferner.
B. I can't stand backseat/passenger drivers.
C. I love when Andrew tells me how to drive.
Add Video

A+B does NOT = C!

So there is always drama in the Huff-Dafferner love saga. Like every night. Maybe I'm bored or just a plain brat, but seriously there's never a dull moment. So last night Andrew was late about coming home from his softball game so by the time it was 7:30 I decided I wasn't waiting around any longer. Fat girl's gotta eat and girl power, you know? I called Andrew and he didn't answer so homeboy got left. Now mind you Andrew's car was in the parking lot, but it must have slipped my mind that that meant he was there. (Yeah, I'm smart.) When I was in the drive thru line Andrew calls and asks why I left him. Being the great girlfriend I am, I came back to get him and his arm was hurting him again so I drove. Andrew is just so sweet and helpful. He reminded me to get in the left lane, turn here, etc. What a guy! We ate our fast food and went on to Blockbuster to return a movie. My sweet man reminded me where every camera was at each light. He reminded me that my tail light was not working and to drive carefully. He told me, "Baby get in the turn lane!" and "When we have kids you are not eating while driving them." He told me not to turn around in the parking lot, to pull into a space and back out. That's when I parked the car and said, "I'm not driving." He got frustrated and said, "Start the car. I'm not driving," etc. Finally, I did what all mature 27 year old girls would do. I got out of the car and sat on the curb while finishing my ice cream. Andrew said nothing and I was getting cold, but I refused to give in. I started to walk home. Then I got scared with all the traffic so walked the block. (Meanwhile, Andrew has not made a peep). Then I went into Blockbuster and looked at every movie bin with a sale, every new release, every candy item for sale. ABout 30 minutes later I was tired. I marched right back to the car and placed myself in the driver's seat. Andrew looked up from his Iphone game (No wonder he didn't make a peep) and we both started laughing. We kissed and I drove off. He said nothing else the whole way home.

Monday night we decided to order a pizza. I was so excited by the time he came over and finished work I had ordered out half cheese/half pepperoni-pineapple pizza that would be delivered in 30 minutes. 45 passed and no pizza. Then it clicked.

"Baby, I think I gave them the wrong address."
"What address did you give them, Kim?"
"Yours?" I said sheepishly.
"What phone number did you give them, Kim?"
"Yours?" I said again.

Andrew made his way to his phone and sure enough, our pizza was delivered in 25 minutes to his apartment. He asked me to call them back, but I couldn't. I was too emmbarassed. Andrew called and offered to pick it up and they said it wouldn't be neceessary, they would re-deliver it to my apartment. When the pizza came, I ran upstairs in embarassment. Andrew acted annoyed all of 2 seconds and laughed. He laughed! He said it was hysterical.

Like I said, never a dull moment. And when we get married I pomise you there will be no surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment